Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Things Hoped For

We all hope for things. Things unseen. Things we remember wanting as a little kid and waiting years for. A prince. A wedding. A degree or career we loved. A house. That huge, enormous closet that you could park a car in. Whatever it was if you waited....it usually ended up being better than you imagined! Left you speechless. My experiences that literally took my breath away were (just to name a FEW): wayland revivals, Jody holding my hand for the first time, camps, God's call for me in Hebrews 12:12 (ask and you shall receive), Jody's wreck, PT school interview & acceptance, love of close friends, proposal, wedding, positive pregnancy test(s), and the birth of my 2 beautiful children. There are just moments that cannot be summarized or recaptured. We live in them and remember them. I lay in bed with my eyes shut trying to reimagine exactly how they happened. How I felt. What I saw; what smells helped intensify the atmosphere; the sounds that were God-sent. I have a beautiful moment to add to this list now. Someone I love very very much. We all have our own moments but we know that we have connected with OTHERS when their moments become our own. When others JOY brings happiness and tears to our eyes. When we break ourselves over someone else's wants and desires, just like they were our own. I guess that's easy for me because I am an only child so when I have a friend I've known forever and been through thick and thin with, it is easy to feel like family. My new moment: my very best friend telling me that she is expecting and today that it is a BOY! You know who you are and I love still sharing THESE MOMENTS with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment