Sunday, May 1, 2011

Challenges

Once in a while God prompts you to do something that you often feel is beyond yourself. Way beyond yourself. I think that we can all look back and recall these instances. This is one of them. I don't have anything profound to say, but my heart is full of excitement for what He's doing.  I've noticed that the older I get God can break me over something well written...something beautiful written, played, or acted. Not that I'll be good at this, but I hope that at least it offers and small window into an open heart. It may be raw but that is often what we fail to be is transparent. We tend to think as we get older that we have to hold it together. Holding people at an arm's length so they don't see that "holding it together" is what we are actually bad at. We don't let people close anymore like we did in high school or college. Jody and I are blessed to work with youth. They constantly remind me what Jesus says to ALL of us. Not just the children. Let the children come.  This DNOW weekend was just another reminder. As an adult, we set the example by leading but so often we are the ones who are the mess. God is the only reason we hold anything together.  We never truly let people get to know us and when we do we are scared of what they will think of us. I'm tired of holding an arm extended saying...that's close enough...you're in my personal space. Jesus died in our personal place. He made us to be relational beings. This is just another opportunity I pray he uses to develop relationships and let others see that God is living and active in all of our lives.  This is our story that He's given us and we are truly blessed!
Jody, Reece (3), Cale (8mo), and I live in a small Tx town.  Jody has been a teacher and coach the last 6 yrs and I am a physical therapist. Between work, Jody's coaching schedule and the kids we stay very busy. This year God has also lead me to challenge myself where I am professionally. I am studying for my manual therapy certification (IPA!! Woot! Woot!) and find myself daily exhausted between trying to be  PT, wife, friend, mother, and student. The days are long, the hours are late, but the information is GOOD. Just like the Lord because He provides His strength when I am too tired to function. I remember feeling this tired at Wayland, then PT school but it does bring a whole other challenge with a family. A beautiful challenge that when I am done, I will know on another level that "where God guides, HE PROVIDES." Provides the way to do this, when it seems impossible. When I am bent over books instead of our sweet babies. When I shortcut a meal with Stouffer's instead of my homemade feast that I want to cook.  When I wonder how did that small pile of clothes become a mountain. Just like this present adventure, I know that God is GOOD and He will lead me in His truth.  He will provide and fuel me as He always does.

1 comment:

  1. Just let the Lord lead you! You are such a special young woman, with such a special husband and great kids. Will be praying for you. love you guys.

    ReplyDelete