Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Be silent, Be still

At the risk of reminding a lots of my Wayland friends of a long retired, easily repeated movie......  here goes! (This ones for you Leigh!)
She's all that.....Rachel Cook walking out on the stage in a skin tight white body suit calming the disturbing scene that just took place. The weird stand up performance....am I recreating it for you yet? If not it is ok. But her line is basically, "Be silent. Be still." I'm so reminded of this today as I have just been lost in thought. So lost at times that it is confusing and you wonder how you got so far down a road of thought and you start backing out and tracking it. As if that works. Usually I wind up more confused or it leads to another fork in the road.  The Lord was very faithful to remind me that we are a society so lost in thought sometimes that we cripple ourselves instead of simply doing what we know. Being who we need to be without having to think about it. Sure every one of us probably has had to take some "me time" to think and recall and process certain situations or circumstances. Things that are important enough to think about. The most important thing sometimes is to just be silent though.

I have such great friends, Jody included, who just listen. They let me process or rather just tolerate me sometimes. But for them I am so thankful. In a sense they are helping me figure it out and get back to helping others instead of spending time on me. After all, I think it is funny when I get frustrated with myself for needing this time to process but in reality it is imperative. Some of are most important decision are worth the time. I need to be patient with myself as well. I am willing to do it for others but I do not extend that to myself very often. So for my reminder today I was inspired to write again for something I think is beautifully crucial. You can "Be silent, be still" all you want but I like this ending much better.

Be STILL and KNOW that I AM GOD.    Psalms 46:10

Yes! That is a place where all the confusion is lost in the "does this really even matter." No it really doesn't. Sometimes in this world of me and self and "I commit to this and that" or facebook and twitter.....we forget....I forget. All of the wrestle is life. It is fun until we start carrying more than we can stand and thinking that it has something to do with us. That breath of "be still and know that I am God" is my reminder that (goodness knows) I can be lighter than I am because I picked up too much and think that it depends on me. Thank goodness. Be still. That is a crucial place and ACTION. Be still and Know. A crucial mindset. Be still and KNOW that I am God. He is so wonderfully patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment