Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A great distance away

Ever have those moments with the Lord when He is showing you something so big, so beyond you, that you better remember this moment. You better write it down and set it as a milestone for you to look back to later. I have had many moments like this lately regarding the same request. I just know that as I'm reading my heart feels like it is about to explode because I know in these moments He is already answering me. Amazing. So humbling. Now I just have to wait for the answer to actually come. It scares me to death as it should. It is so far beyond me and what I know I am capable of.

That's the beauty of the Lord. To work something in us SO much bigger than us that it can ONLY be Him. I am finally done with Priscilla Shirer's One-in-a-million. Goodness knows I did not pick that book up by myself. I was led to it. That was a hard call to stop being so scared and start believing now before God gives it to you. I got it. LOUD AND CLEAR!

I wanted to share this excerpt because I think for so many of us, we feel this on a daily basis. We want to give up. We want to stop killing ourselves, pressing so hard, squeezing the life out of ourselves instead of the life out of our day. But the Lord was good to remind me that just when you want to quit and throw in the towel..... Just when you start believing that "everyone is probably right...I am crazy to think that I could do this" it is just the enemy feeding us the ever popular way he always does. With fear.

2 Timothy 1:7- For the Spirt of God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.

1 John 4: 18- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

I'll give you a summary. She's lead us through the wilderness with Moses. Moses dies then a new leader leads the people into the Promised Land. Joshua. A fearless, courageous, confident man. A one-in-a-million. The people are led to the banks of the Jordan about to cross over into the Promised Land. They stand with the ark as water slaps the shore. Nothing seems to happen like it did at the Red Sea.  The waters did not part like the people saw them part before.

Here's the excerpt. It speaks for itself:

Joshua called the people to consecrate themselves BEFORE the miracle. To be set apart today in anticipation the God would perform tomorrow. It's one thing to change to way you're living AFTER God parts the Jordan. It's another to do it while the waves of your problem are still crashing around your feet as you stand on the shore....

At first it would have appeared as if nothing was happening since the water didn't immediately divide right in front of them. But what the children of Israel didn't know as they craned their necks to the north was that far upstream God was already working His miracle for them. Though the roar of the current continued to drown out conversations, clearly mitigating against a mass river crossing, "the waters which were flowing down from above stood and rose up in one heap, a great distance away at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan" (Joshua 3:16). Adam was 30 miles away. At this place, far out of sight, the Jordan was even then starting to become a dry riverbed. It was going to take a little while for the runoff to spill through at the Israelites' downstream location, but the miracle was already in progress.

From your vantage point you may not be able to see how God is going to work out His purposes in your life, the ones that seem far away and impossible to detect. You've gotten your feet wet....But be convinced that eventhough God may be working "a great distance" away, He is working. He has not forgotten His promises. He has not run into a snag that may prevent Him from following through. Be assured that God will carry out the miraculous plans He has for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment