Sunday, June 12, 2011

Do Not Fear

Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
Again in Isaiah 41:10
Again in Joshua 1:9
and again, and again , and again. I think that God was serious.

So I think with all the reminders I can rest easy and calm down. My head is spinning right now. I had a less than perfect test come back this week and I sit now praying over a surgery. Not fun to anticipate. Not fun when (like a c-section) you can see them coming from a long way off. You can mentally prepare and not be hit blind-sided. But not this time.  I should be happy that it is not worse, but I can't help but be selfish and say "Why at all?" Why now in the middle of studying and testing for one of my greatest challenges would this come? It is a bit frustrating and nerve racking to say the least. A distraction, a nagging in the very back of my mind where I have tried hard to bury it. But the decision is still there, waiting to be prayed over, thought over, and ultimately decided on. It is like a bad lump in your throat making it hard to swallow, that just won't go away. Lord, I'm trusting you that we found whatever this is early and you'll squash it in its tracks. You HAVE already gone ahead of me. Take a big girl deep breath and say it again. DO NOT FEAR or BE DISMAYED! Pray for us this week. I thank you for all of them in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment