Friday, January 1, 2016

What a year! Once again it flew and here I am again at another New Year's! I'm always so thankful to sit at home and reflect over the last year. Last New Year's we spent the final countdown with Kirk & Tracy dancing it up at Aurum in Steamboat. I'm definitely missing the atomsphere, the cold, the snow, the eats, and just that town!! It is a very very special place. I'm thankful to be where we are now, but there is no replacing Steamboat for me. One day I will go back. It is in my blood, I've got the bug and there's no curing a mountain draw except to return. So much of my heart stayed there, but I'm thankful for the many things we have in Texas again also.

Being near family has been so fun. We have all enjoyed being closer and seeing everyone more often. We love our new home and sweet puppy Blue.  He was the perfect addition as we made our transition back to Texas.

There's so much stacked already for 2016! So many things to do yet again and things that pull my heart back to the books, to courses, to serve, to write, to draw, to sing, to simply love having the time again to hang out with my kids, my family more and more and watch them grow in their loves.

Here's my list so far. I love writing it down. I love praying over what I hope the year brings and seeing where the Lord ultimately leads and allows me to do.  One thing is for sure. I have to buy a bike.....I'm going crazy here because I liked the outdoors of Steamboat WAY too much to be cooped up!

APTA- SOWH committee
Lab assist SOWH courses
IPA assignments
Start a residency program :)
Draw again!
Kids- Dance and musical theatre
Buy a bike (a real one)
Get involved in a women's bible study
Go hunting/shooting/targets more
Visit family: Tulia, Dallas, Portland maybe?!
Visit: Steamboat/ski/hike
Visit: Tracy in Raleigh :)
Vacation: Coast/Beach; deep sea fishing

Things I plan on enjoying in this area:
Riverwalk
State Park
Perini's!
The Mill
Antique Stores/art/Grace Museum
The country and outdoors
Concerts

To do:
basement or cellar! (I hate this weather!)
teach Reece to sew/craft
Cale: build a car
have a garage sale
get rid of junk- see my 40 bags in 40 days post!
Purge my stinking closet. Good grief!
READ!!! For fun, for work, for me!  :) :) :)

Just getting started y'all and that is the fun of it!!
Happy 2016!! Pray your way into it. There's no better way to celebrate the time He's given us on earth and there's no better way to dedicate it back to HIM! Happy NYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment