Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ramblings of a Fellow

It has been almost 4 weeks since fellowship officially started. We are really enjoying the Colorado weather and activities. Love meeting so many new people and hearing their stories. Monday we enjoyed Buffalo Pass and Fish Creek Reservoir with the pastor (Jay) and his sweet wife, Joy. Reece and Cale got to enjoy their 8 year old son as well. It is so easy to love it here. Surrounded by God's beauty is almost overwhelming at times. It's also nice to be in cooler weather. Tonight we went to the Routt Co Fair and Rodeo in Hayden. Sitting at a rodeo just made me miss Texas. Maybe it's the county music, boots, horses, and bulls, but it was home to me. It's nice to enjoy some of that here again. That was the hardest part about leaving when I did....I missed the Lovington Rodeo that Justin Sports Medicine taught me to love. Finding rodeo contacts is harder here and I've almost missed the rodeo season. I hope to make some contacts while I'm here and hopefully the Lord will open the door for just that.

Things I've learned to this point:
1. You have to sleep
2. There's always something to do
3. There's always several book and several projects going at once
4. Make time for family and kids. We've had some of the best days together!
5. Make new friends
6. Get out and hike. Enjoy your surroundings.
7. EXERCISE is a must. Sanity at that. I miss my yoga group in Seminole.
8. Eat good food. Drink MORE water. Health is a must. Energy is like gold.
9. Love the Lord. Serve his people.
10. Polish all your techniques and what you know. That's why I'm here.

Focus. Intention. Finding the root of the problem. In your patient. In yourself and improve what you do. Be Intentional in all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment